Monday, February 18, 2013

Waxing Celebrities

Madame Tussauds Wax Museum is not for everyone. Either you're interested or you're not. I, obviously, fall into the former category.

On my first visit, I went with my friend David. Our respective spouses had no interest, and they stayed behind at the Venetian.

I wanted to go again a few years later because I was hoping the new Michelle Kwan (yes, I am a fan) figure would be installed there (it wasn't). On this trip, I dragged the Hubz with me.

Before I let the pictures do the "talking," I do want to point out a few observations:
  • To get the best pictures, don't point the camera directly at the figure's eyes. The most realistic pictures are those with the figure not looking straight into the camera.

  • Celebrities look larger than life on the screen, but they are actually quite short in real life, especially the women. I was surprised that I could see "eye to eye" with most of them. Just for reference, I'm 5'2".

  • I thought Beyonce's figure was very realistic -- her booty looked like what I imagined. Jennifer Lopez, on the other hand, lost several inches in the wax figure making process.

  • And last, but not least, have fun! Take all the goofy pictures you want! That's what you're there for!





























































1 comment:

  1. I love that they encourage you to touch the figures. Pinchy and I had lots of fun there; looks like you did too!

    ~ Craig

    ReplyDelete